Coffee BBQ Sauce!
With summer fast approaching, what better way for us to celebrate BBQ season than with a delicious coffee BBQ Sauce!
Use this coffee barbecue sauce as a marinade or finishing sauce to BBQ pork, beef, or chicken.
- 120 ml Espresso (brewed, or strong, dark coffee)
- 240 ml Tomato Ketchup
- 120 ml Apple Cider Vinegar
- 100g Sugar (light brown, firmly packed)
- 1 Medium Onion (peeled and finely chopped, about 1 cup)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (peeled and crushed)
- 3 Chilli Peppers (fresh, seeded, hot such as jalapeno, or hotter if desired)
- 2 Tablespoons Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Ground Cumin
- 2 Tablespoons Chili Powder
Put all the ingredients into a small saucepan, stir them together and bring to a simmer over medium heat and let simmer for 20 minutes.
Remove the pot from the heat. Let the mixture cool and once cooled puree in a blender.
Use as a marinade for your favourite meats and BBQ ingredients or brush over whilst cooking.
The sauce can be covered and refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.